Monday, November 9, 2009

Sleep Apnea: Not Worth Losing Sleep Over (Or Your Life For That Matter)


In Main Case #5 one of the possible diagnoses for Neal Beal was sleep apnea. We atlked a little bit about it in class, and I encouraged Dr. Anderson to pursue some line of questioning around this subject. Why, you ask? Because I HAVE it!.
Some of you toyed with the idea of prescribing CPAP for Neal. This is a good idea on a chronic basis. I am not if it fits in to the current treatment plan.
In case you have never seen the apparatus, I asked my wife to shoot this photo of me sound asleep. I know it is not a pretty sight.
If you have any questions about this "space age" look I would be happy to answer them. At least I know I won't be falling asleep at my desk by 2 PM like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment