Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign....


How long do you think it will take the Administration to post signs saying "Don't Lock Bikes to the Trees." Kinda reminds me of the 70's song by the Five Man Electrical Band simply called "Signs." This song was written by Les Emmerson after driving to California along Route 66, where he had noticed the many billboards obscuring his view of the U.S.A.

The first verse and the chorus goes like this:
Verse I
"And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do. So I took off my hat, I said imagine that, huh, me working for you , whoa!

Chorus:

Sign Sign everywhere a sign Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign." You might recognize this song better from it re-make in the eighties by Tesla.
Here is a cute video set tot he music of "Signs.". Warning: This video deals with some adult themes."








No comments:

Post a Comment