Thursday, August 6, 2009

Marijuana Lozenges for Swine Flu? I don't think so!


Being a pharmacist for over 35 years, I thought I had seen everything. Lately I have come to realize that people will come up with the craziest ideas to treat diseases or get high.

Robert Melamede and his company, Cannabis Science, hope to one day make marijuana available nationwide to kids and teens -- as well as adults -- in the form of a medicinal throat lozenge. He believes it can curb the death risk from swine flu. He hypothesizes that the chemicals in marijuana known as cannabinoids have a dampening effect on the immune system.

Don't look for these on the shelf just yet (or ever, I hope). My advice would be to stick to Smith Brothers Wild Cherry Cough Drops. Then you won't have to worry about flunking a drug test.

No comments:

Post a Comment