Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"I Thought I Saw a G-G-G-Ghost!"


One of the steps in evaluating any research paper is to determine whether the author(s) are well-positioned to do the research. Typically, what one does is run a PubMed search to see how many articles they have published and where they have published them.

It is becoming increasingly clear that not all papers are actually written by the person whose name appears on the article. Instead, pharmaceutical companies commission professional writers to "draft" the article and when it is submitted for publication, some well known author's name suddenly appears on the article.

As part of some recent legal proceedings, these "ghostwritten" articles have come to light. The link below will take you to a New York Times articletalking about these modern day Ghostbusters.

1 comment:

  1. hello, I liked your blog ... my congratulations. I invite you to visit my website ...
    www.motivationalphrases.blogspot.com
    motivational phrases is a space dedicated to meditation and well being of the soul

    Hola, me ha gustado tu blog... mis felicitaciones. Te invito a que visites mi página web...
    www.frasesmotivadoras.com
    frases motivadoras es un espacio dedicado a la meditación y el bienestar del alma

    ReplyDelete