Thursday, December 31, 2009

"Hey, Anybody Seen My Bottle of Ginkgo?" I Can't Seem to Remember Where I Put It!"


Ginkgo supplements are among the most wide-selling of all dietary products. Anecdotal evidence suggest that these products can improve cognitive function, improve memory, and proved an overall feeling of well being.

"Not so fast, my friend," as a popular sports broadcaster would say.

A paper published recently in JAMA concludes that this product is ineffective for this and other medicinal uses. Here is a link to the paper: http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/302/24/2663

Naturally, there will be critics of this study saying that there were design flaws, the wrong dose was studied, the wrong extract was used, etc.

Here's what viewers of ABC News saw when they turned on their TV sets. Now, if I could only remember where I filed that video........!!



No comments:

Post a Comment